For MRI scheduling please call 315-787-5399 and for all other scheduling please call 315-787-4555.
We provide professional services for the following procedures:
- MRI - An MRI, or magnetic resonance imaging, uses a powerful magnet to generate detailed images of the body, including the brain, spine, joints, and abdomen. Our Open Bore MRI uses a 1.5 Tesla magnet, and the wider bore provides a comfortable experience for patients of all sizes. In our MRI suite there are floor to ceiling windows, and a beautiful sky mural on the ceiling. Our sound system lets you listen to music and relax during the exam.
- Breast MRI- For a patient considered to be at high risk for Breast Cancer, a screening Breast MRI might be recommended along with their yearly mammogram. Breast MRI is also used for woman who have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer to help measure the size of the cancer and check for any tumors in the opposite breast.
- Interventional Radiology- Our practice has 2 Interventional Radiologists. These are board-certified physicians with specialization in image-guided, minimally invasive treatments. These physicians do utilize x-ray, ultrasound or CAT scans as a guidance and perform a variety of procedures which are less risk, less painful and with a decreased recovery time compared to open surgery. For more information visit http://www.sirweb.org/patients.
- Diagnostic radiology (X-ray) - X-rays are the most common test in radiology, using radiation to take an image of the body. X-rays are often used to evaluate the bones for arthritis or fractures, and also the lungs for pneumonia. Fluoroscopy is a special type of x-ray that allows the radiologist to evaluate the intestinal tract with real-time imaging after the patient consumes a barium mixture.
- Computed tomography (CT-scan) - A special form of x-ray, the CT scan creates a 2 or 3- dimensional image of a body part, giving detailed information of the brain, bones, chest and abdomen. The exam may be performed with an injection of contrast, which highlights blood vessels and organs. You may also drink a contrast mixture if the scan is of your abdomen. The total scan time is usually less than 5 minutes, however, preparation for the test will take additional time.
- Mammography - Mammography is used as a screening exam for detection of breast cancer, usually a yearly exam for woman 40 years and older. With ultrasound and breast MRI, the goal of mammography is detect cancer at the earliest stage. After you have had your screening mammogram, you may be asked to return for additional mammograms or an ultrasound to evaluate a potential problem. If there is a suspicious findings on the additional images, a biopsy may be performed, either with ultrasound or mammographic guidance.
- Nuclear medicine - A specialized form of radiology, nuclear medicine creates an image after a small amount of radioactive substance is injected. Functional images can be obtained of the gallbladder, bones, thyroid and lungs.
- Ultrasound - Ultrasound uses soundwaves to image the body, most commonly blood vessels, kidneys, the uterus and ovaries, the liver, and for prenatal imaging of babies. Ultrasound is safe for children and during pregnancy.
Finger Lakes Radiology accepts the following insurances:
BC/BS, BC/BS Traditional, Blue Choice, Blue Choice Option, Department of Labor, Empire Plan, Fidelis, GHI, Humana, Magnacare/Aetna, Medicare, Med Risk/MDIA, Monroe Plan, MVP/Cigna, NYS Medicaid, Ontario County Public Health, PHCS/Multiplan, POMCO, Railroad Medicare, RCIPA, RMSCO, Today's Options, Tricare, Tricare Prime, Tricare for Life, United Healthcare (Secure Horizons, Medicare Complete, AARP, Evercare, American Progressive), US Imaging, Wellcare and WPS Health Insurance
Co-payments are due at the time of service.
We appreciate a 24 hour notice for cancellations.
Double studies (2 MRIs scheduled together) cancelled with less than a 2 hour notice or no show will result in a $50 fee.
Triple studies (3 MRI's scheduled together) cancelled with less than a 2 hour notice or no show will result in a $100 fee.